I.) VISION: Expanding access to downtown Chicago for residents, commuters, visitors, and businesses.
II.) POLICY: As a public concession, Millennium Garages recognizes its responsibility to our customers, employees, our investors, and the communities we serve. We commit to developing and implementing responsible environmental, social, and governance practices to protect the well-being of our business and its diverse stakeholders. We deliver on this responsibility through Millennium Garages’ management, operations, and governance.
- Articulating Millennium Garages’ environmental, social, and governance goals and enacting policies to embed these goals in all aspects of our business
- Ensuring ESG accountability at all levels of our organization, including Millennium Garages’ board of directors, senior management, employees, and contractors
- Operating with integrity in all our interactions, including safeguards for physical and digital security, financial transactions, political interactions, and interpersonal engagement
- Tracking, reporting, and taking action to address the environmental and social impacts of Millennium Garages’ operations, including energy, air, water, and climate:
- We will strive to minimize consumption of energy and water, to limit air emissions wherever possible, and to manage waste and materials sourcing on an ongoing basis.
- We also realize that our operations impact biodiversity and habitat; wherever possible, we will take actions to promote the protection and even creation of these habitats.
- Recognizing that Millennium Parking Garages must create value for diverse stakeholders, including its customers, local residents and surrounding communities, employees, and contractors:
- We aim to ensure that all customers are satisfied with their experience at Millennium Parking garages and as such feedback is requested at all opportunities.
- Our employees and supply chain are also particularly important to us; their safety, health and wellbeing are of primary concern.
- Defining, tracking, and publicly sharing progress toward those goals, including transparent annual reporting through a recognized ESG reporting platform
III.) ACCOUNTABILITY: The Board of Directors of Millennium Parking Garages is responsible for ensuring that this ESG policy is enacted by Millennium Garages’ employees and contractors. Meetings of the Board will include regular progress updates against ESG objectives and discussion of new ESG priorities.
Millennium Garages reports its ESG performance annually through GRESB, the global benchmark for financial markets. Past years’ reports and additional information are available at https://gresb.com.
Millennium Garages’ Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors evaluate progress on ESG policy goals on an ongoing basis.
Millennium Garages ESG Policy specifically covers the following areas of material relevance to Millennium Garages’ business, operations, and impact:
- Air pollution
- Biodiversity and habitat
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Material sourcing and resource efficiency
- Community development
- Customer satisfaction
- Health and safety (community, customers, contractors, employees, supply chain)
- Inclusion and diversity
- Labor standards and working conditions
- Local employment
- Stakeholder relations
- Board ESG oversight
- Conflicts of interest
- Data protection & privacy
- Delegating authority
- Lobbying activities
- Political contributions
- Shareholder rights
- Whistleblower protection
Additional material issues will be identified by Millennium Garages’ Management and Board of Directors, as well as through direct stakeholder engagement.